If you didn't know before, you do now - Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! On the table we had about 40 lbs of turkey (yes 40). We had a Cajun fried turkey that my neighbor Todd so graciously fried for us (Thank you Todd), as well as a roasted turkey and a roasted turkey breast. In addition to the turkey we had mashed potatoes (because my brother loves my mashed potatoes), sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, orange-cranberry sauce (that my mom and J worked on together), stuffing, gravy (I helped make that this year in absence of my Aunt Betty who normally makes gravy), and an assortment of rolls, which is a funny story. Wally was in charge of bringing rolls and so he brought every type of roll that was sold in the store. I think we had over 8 varieties of rolls - ha! I wasn't specific, so out of fear that he would choose the wrong kind Wally just brings it all. I will learn to be more specific with him in the future. I digress, back to the table! For dessert we had key lime pie, pumpkin pie, pecan pie (Bill so graciously cracked fresh pecans for us that morning for the pie), pumpkin bread and a pumpkin cream cheese roll. Yum-Yum!!! We had lots of fun, food and family!! What an amazingly fun day. We missed all who could not make it this year and know that you were here with us in spirit.
I have lots to be thankful for this year! I am thankful for all the troops who sacrifice daily to let me live freely, thankful that I have a job as many are losing theirs, thankful for an amazing husband and wonderful family, and most importantly for waking up each day alive and healthy. These are things that I am most thankful for. Most people forget the important things in life and get caught up in the details of everyday life and tend to let those things leaving them feeling "un-thankful". In Arabic there is a saying "Alhumderallah" (pronounced exactly as it is written), and it means "God, I am thankful for what I have". So, on this day I say "Alhumderallah" and wish all of you the same peace in your heart!
Here are some pictures from Thanksgiving Day!!! Enjoy...
Sweet potato casserole - no that is not a white potato - it's a white SWEET potato!
No comments:
Post a Comment